My Visit to Manchester

I first took a trip into Manchester to go monument hunting. Though there were not a lot of memorials around Manchester I only managed to find two on my travels as more a scattered around several more areas in the Greater Manchester to City of Salford Quays.

On my ventures around Manchester I was lucky enough to get to Saint Peter's Square on time seeing as Manchester is currently under construction and having areas removed or moved I managed to arrive whilst the construction workers were in the works of setting up to remove the Manchester Cenotaph from the centre of Saint Peter's square to install more metro lines, I put my hands through the building fences to take photographs as they came through pretty good no evidence of fencing in front of the cenotaph itself.
Image taken by reaching my arm through the fence before the construction workers caught me.

I also took different pictures of the cenotaph through the fencing of the construction, I found this quite effective as it truly felt like a eyes on view from a first person perspective, what some would see passing by the cenotaph as people take it down to move it around.
Photograph taken how you can see the cenotaph if you were to stand in that area.

The next place I went to visit Whitworth Park on Oxford Road, where I found the war memorial commemorated to the 7th Battalion Manchester Regiment, the memorial was rather difficult to find in the park because of the size of the memorial itself it was easily hidden behind the overgrown tree's its mainly visible from the front before entering the park.
The memorial after walking through the low hanging trees


No comments:

Post a Comment